This Mother's Day, Celebrate the Small Victories

Originally, Mother's Day was commemorated with simplicity-red carnations. Since then, Mother's Day has evolved to include more grandiose gifts such as a new digital camera or a luxurious spa treatment. But, what gift will truly make mom smile on this Mother's Day? Is it simply crossing an item off her to-do list, paying off a loan, or gardening with her child? Between juggling kids, school schedules, work, bills, the house, and everything else life throws at mothers, sometimes getting one thing done feels like a victory.

Cozi, a free online service that provides valuable tools for busy families to manage the chaos of daily life, asked hundreds of moms what makes them smile at the end of the week. Here are some small victories shared by them that made every day feel as special as mother's day: Got the boys' room, kitchen, and living room immaculate in 1 hour! It was destroyed when I got home.... but for the 30 minutes I enjoyed it, it was bliss! -Angela H. Washed windows. They need it about every six years, right? - Michele T. Helped my youngest plant his apple seed in the yard. Might replace it with a seedling next week at the suggestion of a good friend. :) - Emily C. Sent my husband off to Afghanistan, But the victory was that I made it without breaking down in front of my kids. - Debbi L.R. I played the air guitar. - Annie T. I scanned and put into iPhoto old family photos. It has been on my to do list for years - Michele T. Survived Spring Break with a sick child, which meant juggling work and staying home. Let's hear it for friends and grandparents who are willing to lend a hand. - Jeanne E.C Hung up mini blinds, towel rack, toilet paper holder...ahh the power of a cordless drill! :) - Mercedes W. Passed my insurance licensing exam!! Yeah!! - Jaime P. I got my daughter to pee in the potty! She's 3 1/2 and FINALLY decided it's time to ditch diapers! - Nicole M.S. I got up at 5:30 every morning to work out this week! - Laurie G Want to check out SMALL VICTORY FRIDAY in action? Go to http://www.facebook.com/CoziFamily

Keywords: AT&T, Communications, Consumer, Cozi, Digital Cameras, Entertainment, Family, Gardening, Insurance, Leisure, Parenting, Pediatrics, Social Media, Telecommunications, Women.

My Zimbio
Top Stories
Return top